Tuesday, May 25, 2010

New Town, New Adventure

Dan helped me move to Seward yesterday and I start work at the SeaLife Center tomorrow.  I am very excited about this summer.  The SeaLife center is a very cool organization and I think I will enjoy getting to see what it is like to work in this type of atmosphere.  I am also very excited about living in Seward for the summer.  I have visited Seward twice, once for fishing, once for the SeaLife center, but today was the first day that I have gotten to really look around the town on my own and find things out.  This is what I have learned so far:

You can walk around almost the entire town covering most walkable area in about 3 hours

If you walk along the shore line, you will almost certainly see wildlife (sea otters, sea lions, diving ducks with fancy markings and fancy names)

The coffee shop not on the main street in town has more character but doesn't take cards for purchases under $10

bunnies run wild here (really, like the kind you would find in a pet shop)

I will have pictures to post soon.  I don't have internet where I live, but I will try to re-start blogging again, as I expect that I will have something to write about this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment